VIDEO: What Are Democrats Saying About Jared Polis & His Policies?
Denver, Colo. – Colorado Democrats have had some bones to pick with Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis and his policies over the years. Colorado Rising Action believes that even though the Democratic party has fallen in line to support their nominee, the issues raised by prominent Colorado Democrats are worth highlighting.
Let’s examine the issues:
- “He’s so damn selfish” – Very much like he currently is, in 2014 Polis was doing his best to kill Colorado’s oil & gas industry by personally financing a ballot measure to increase new drilling setback regulations. The article continues, “That was a word – selfish – I was hearing Democrats use a lot in conversations about Polis.”
- Polis is seen, even by his peers, as being an out of touch millionaire. One “highly placed Colorado Democrat,” referring at least in part to Polis’ work on Amendment 41 said, “He’s great at passing laws that don’t apply to him.”
- “What’s he stand for?” – In June 2018, Polis was criticized by Colorado Democratic strategist Steve Welchert who said that Polis is in danger of “trying to be all things to all people.” As a prominent and experienced Democratic strategist, even Welchert can’t pinpoint what Polis stands for.
- Polis has bought and paid for his way into politics. His Democratic gubernatorial primary opponent, Lt. Governor Donna Lynn said, “I think this election’s for sale” in reference to Polis using more than $10 million of his own money to buy the nomination.
- The Colorado teachers union has had a chilly relationship with Polis in the past. When asked on live TV if they would support Polis should he win the primary, union president Kerrie Dallman just laughed.